Saturday, July 14, 2012

This was going to be my year...

I had some crazy idea at the beginning of 2012 that this was going to be a great year. We were working hard, enabling us to pay down some credit card debt. We were able to send our daughter to camp and our son to another country. We applied for the permit to continue working on our house and obtained certificates of occupancy on the work we had already done. Our jobs were good, the money was coming in. Our community is great, we have wonderful friends surrounding us and our kids seem happy. I still believe this is our year, but with extenuating circumstances, we are nowhere near where we were just a month ago. It's important to remember that life is going to have it's ups and downs. Unfortunately we are in a "down" moment. I still feel very fortunate and know that things will get better. I think I will take my kayak out tomorrow on the lake just across the street and revel in the beauty and appreciate the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment