Monday, January 24, 2011

midterms, homework and snow days - oh my!

What a crazy winter this is in the East! I've never doubted the Farmers Almanac until now! This was supposed to be a mild winter but we are experiencing a substantial snow storm every week! The kids think it's great but I'm already juggling work and activities and helping my 13 year old get back on track with his school work. Every time there is a delayed opening, early dismissal or full day school closure, it disrupts the constant flow I'm trying to maintain. How are parents supposed to run out of work at a moments notice because all of a sudden the school decides to send the kids home early? Most companies don't close because of snow so it leaves us employees stuck. To make matters worse, since I'm a part-time employee, I don't get paid when I don't work. I don't get personal, vacation or sick days to use for school dismissal emergencies. What is a parent to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment