Saturday, January 29, 2011

who takes care of mom when she's sick?

As mothers we are always taking care of the people around us, putting ourselves last. Every now and then we should stop everything and just take a break. As much as I believe this, I too am guilty of not taking time for me. Unfortunately it has taken the flu to stop me in my tracks. As sick as I feel, I am really enjoying watching movies all day in bed and having my family take care of me. It takes something drastic for me to get some rest. While this is not an ideal situation, it does have it's advantages. My body told me enough is enough and now I'm listening. It's also nice to see that my family is able to pick up the slack without complaints. I've taught them well and now I can sit back and make ME a priority!

1 comment:

  1. Great post - and so true! I remember when my son was about 4...I was sick in bed with the flu, and he came to me and in this little voice, said "Mommy, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm out of clean underwear.." as if asking his Dad wasn't even an option! We spoil them with all we do.

    Hope you are feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete