Tuesday, January 25, 2011

so proud!

Well we found out today that our son got an 80 on his midterm in the subject that he wasn't doing well in. I gave him the praise he deserved for working and studying hard but I also had to mention that he could have done better had he put forth this effort all along! I didn't want to burst his bubble but I need him to know that we have faith in him and to point out to him that hard work pays off. I don't want spoiled children that think everything comes easy even when it sometimes does. For example, he can succeed in subject matter that interests him with little effort - but I still want him to give his all. I figure, you just have to know your child. I knew his weakness was time management, not the content. Taking away the electronics and putting the focus on school brought his grades up, but it's still a long process on getting him to be able to budget his own time. I get worried because high school is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment