Monday, May 9, 2011

How was your Mother's Day?

I think Mother's day should be spent with the people you love and care about and the ones that made you "MOM". This should be a day of family, food and rest. No cleaning, cooking, organizing, or preparing. Everyone else should at least take care of things for one day. Is it too much to ask? We work our butts off taking care of everyone and everything around us. One day won't hurt for us to kick back and get some much needed and well deserved pampering! I had originally planned to do absolutely nothing on Mother's day - except maybe go get my hair done. I had a new release book from the library, and had conquered all chores the day before. I started out the day with a cup of coffee handed to me when the phone rang. A friend was giving away 2 tickets to the Mets game that day. My 9 year old daughter had never been to a professional game and it had been awhile for me - so I said yes! I enjoyed the day with some mother/daughter bonding at Citi Field in Queens. Unfortunately the Mets lost, (I still love my '86 Mets) but we had a great time! Sometimes it's those spontaneous plans that create the most wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment