Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perspective on life...

I recently said goodbye to a friend from my past. She was plagued by illness for a long time and I had no idea. The last time I saw her she was the same person I remembered - full of life, spirit and smiles. I've learned a lot about myself from attending her funeral. Live life to it's fullest, because you never know what tomorrow may bring. I have always tried to live this way, but you know, things get in the way! I don't want to take anyone for granted. I don't want to spend my life reaching for more so much that I can't appreciate what I have. She, in death, has inspired me to hold everyone close.
My new mission, or New Year's resolution is to reconnect with those I care about. I would really like to try and set aside time with all my "friends" on facebook. I have over 300 friends that I have crossed paths with at one time or another, but to call them "friends" I think I need to find a deeper meaning. I do care about what is going on in their lives, or else I wouldn't be so addicted to checking their status updates. I will do this as much as I can, whether it be to comment or get together. I want to live each day as if it were the last.
This is my tribute to Dana - or in better words - her legacy to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment