Monday, June 21, 2010

The things we do for our children...

On Wednesday I heard that a famous singer was going to be performing in Central Park. I was actually contemplating taking my daughter to camp out the night before for these free-but-limited tickets. Luckily, we were able to snag some ahead of time so I didn't have to go with that crazy idea!
Thursday night the other crazy mom in this story and her daughter and the two of us are making posters and t-shirts for the girls to wear the next morning. We failed at trying to tie-dye them because it turns out you need like 12 hours to do that! So we printed out pictures and ironed them on instead. Lastly we had a great idea of using fabric puffy paint to really make them stand out!
Friday morning we get up at 3:45 am...drive to pick up the other crazy mom and her daughter and drive into the city. It only took 35 minutes to get near the park entrance, but then it took 45 minutes of circling to find a parking spot! We finally found one, ran out of the car with the girls in t-shirts that still hadn't dried, just to go wait on a long line! They were walking like mummies with their arms out but it didn't help! There was puffy paint on their arms, faces, and even some other people in line in front of us! shhh!
The show was awesome, though I've never been so tired in my life - having to hold up my daughter for three hours! The girls really seemed to enjoy it! I don't think they realized how much trouble we went through for them! I know I never realized all the things my parents must have gone through until I became a parent myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment