Monday, June 7, 2010

working inside or outside the home

This is a very controversial subject and hopefully you will all leave wonderful debatable comments!

Working part time gives me the ability to see both sides of the story. Is is better to work outside the home or stay at home with your kids? I'm sorry but I think my life is a very nice balance of both. Staying at home with kids is the absolute HARDEST job of all! There is no way for me to juggle motherhood, be involved in their lives, take care of a household - without working outside the home for even a few hours! It would just drive me crazy! Granted most of the household responsibilities still fall solely on me, but going to work while the kids are in school gives me a sense of importance and freedom. I also appreciate the adult conversations and escape from daily chores.

I am a firm believer in making mom happy first. If you're not happy - then there is no way for you to teach your children self-respect. Treat yourself to a weekly or even daily time slot of mommy time without kids. You'll regain your strength and energy and be able to give more to your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment