Saturday, June 18, 2011

So is life....

The end of the school year is proving to be more hectic than I imagined. My son has half days while he takes finals and my daughter is still on full days. This actually works out for me because he is home to get her off the bus for me. This allows me to put in a little extra time at work which of course means a little extra money! Next week will be a whole other issue when both kids have half days and the younger one will get home first. These half days are such a challenge for us working parents. Having to find last minute childcare is so difficult. I am very thankful for such a wonderful group of families in my community. We trade kids and help each other out. They used to say "it takes a village to raise a child." This is so true! Other moms have stressed the same sentiment. Working part time doesn't bring in enough money to pay for childcare for these half days. Sometimes it's hard to make the decision to work or stay home because it just doesn't pay. Regardless of these small problems, it's great that summer is beginning and the morning routines will be on hold for the next 8 weeks! Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment