Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer

I still feel like a kid at this time of year, anticipating the end of school with late nights and late mornings! But unfortunately it's different as an adult. Work doesn't break for the summer - unless you're a teacher! Late nights no longer bring late mornings - they bring in groggy, tired, and cranky ones. I long for the innocence of youth each year at this time. I wish I treasured my freedom and lack of responsibilities back then. I constantly tell my children "I wish I were bored!"
I will make arrangements to change my work schedule to fit around my kids so that they can have an enjoyable summer even though I still have to work. It's not worth paying for camp on my part-time jobs. I've sent them to camp in summers past but now we just go to the community pool and hang out with various friends. They seem to enjoy our routine just as much, which is good for me!
Only a few weeks of school left!

No comments:

Post a Comment