Saturday, July 30, 2011

Feeling too old....

My youngest turned 10 yesterday. Last night we had the family over for dinner and cake. Today we had a friend party for her. We invited her closest friends (which turned out to be 14 girls) to get manicures at a local salon, walk next door for pizza, then back to my house for cake, movies and a sleepover. Many parents have commented how crazy I am, including my own mother! I feel that birthdays should be made as special as possible and it's a short-lived occasion. I try my best to make my kids feel special on their birthdays. Somehow I always see to overwhelm myself. It seems like a good idea on paper, but when it's actually happening I get filled with anxiety.
Thank goodness I am in the home stretch now as I write this. They are quietly watching the second movie and I am on my second beer! I know it's terrible, but it takes the edge off and helps me relax after all the chaos of the last 6 hours!
Tomorrow, I will make them a nice breakfast, drink plenty of coffee and then take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment