Monday, July 1, 2013

Insulating your home on a hot day...

Insulating your home on a hot day is not how I pictured spending my summer! This home rebuild project has been 8 years in the making and I am so over it! I think this is the last major construction piece that we are doing ourselves (I hope!) We are several small pieces away from being done with the insulation. With 85+ degree days, I dread having to suit up in protective clothing, mask, goggles and gloves. Not only are you beyond hot but add itchy to the mix and it is NOT a party! Insulation is not the hard part of building a house, it's just tedious, tiresome and boring. The good part about it is that our house will conform to the best quality of energy efficiency with thick insulated walls and attic. Once all is said and done, an air conditioner won't be needed as much as we have planned for everything to heat and cool as naturally as possible for our climate. My husband said while we were working that we reminded him of the line in Monsters Inc. when the abominable snowman talked about another character "king itchy." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment