Sunday, September 11, 2011

the day we will never forget...

I thankfully did not know anyone personally or have an incredible story of a near miss. But I still sit today and reflect - as I'm sure we all are. I think back to what I was doing that day, where I was when I first heard what was happening. You couldn't make phone calls on land lines or cell phones because the lines were tied up with families struggling to find out if their loved ones were ok. We heard stories of families saying "I love you" for the last time. These stories still make me well up with tears. I am thankful I didn't have to be one of those people but I pray and cry for those that did. We didn't turn off the television for days, just watching all the news coverage. The gruesome pictures embedded permanently into memory. Bless everyone, those who were lost, those who lost, those who helped and those of us still remembering so that we may never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment