Thursday, September 8, 2011

i'm a bad mom...

I wake up early, make you breakfast, wake you up gently at first then more forceful since you don't wake up easily, pack your lunch, make sure you have everything you need, tell you where your sneakers are, remind you to brush your teeth and hair, and even make your bed. When you come home I greet you with a smile and an after-school snack. I ask you about your day, if you have any homework or if you need help. I wash your favorite jeans so you can wear them again tomorrow. I sign your test papers and prepare your dinner. I drive you to a friends house and pick you up after an hour. I help you pack for the next day and ask what you'll want for breakfast. I give you your space to unwind until it's time for bed. At that time, I tuck you in, tell you I love you and say goodnight.
This is what most moms do. I however am getting tired of the thankless job of which all you do is give me an attitude. You yell at me that I'm too intrusive or butting into your life. I see mistakes in your homework and I try to help, but you tell me I'm too involved.
I always thought I was doing right by my kids but I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment