Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school...

Today was the first day of school for mine and a few other districts in the area. My oldest started his first year of high school and my youngest, her last year of elementary. We had everything ready the day/night before - lunches, backpacks packed, clothes, hair cuts and styles, etc. I woke up earlier than I'm used to, in order to make a very (not) nutritional breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage and fried hash browns! They were both great for the most part. Granted they don't like getting up early but they are always excited to see their friends again and wear the new clothes they got. Both got to school on time and I got to sit and drink my coffee for a few minutes before having to get ready for work. I did cry - like I do every year - but it's always tears of pride and joy! Seeing my "babies" walk towards more independence and freedom with the last words "Bye Mom." (sniff, sniff)

No comments:

Post a Comment